Sister Tiah Bicklely

Sister Tiah Bicklely

Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Address

Hey Mom,
I wanted to update you on somethings and then tell you how my experience in Texas is going so far. I am in Lewisville Texas and we live in an apartment. Our address is: 1400 West Valley Ridge Blvd. #4-302. This is where you will want to send things to. Could you let the ward know as well. Other thing is that our PDay is on mondays just so you know. I am bummed that we don't get to attend the Temple at all while on our mission :( . Something else is when we got here our mission president said that for women bikes are optional, but i did get my bike and its good and we are going to ride them because we want to. I just thought i would let you know. Things are going great. I love my companion so such. She is from Wyoming and she has been out for 14 months. She is wonderful in helping me out, giving me advice, and just learning lots from each other. The weather is crazy hot! I am starting to get color (lol) and drinking tons of water. The people in Texas are really nice and are accepting when we stop by. We have set up a few appointments this week and followed-up with alot of our other investigators. I also got to pass out a personalized Book of Mormon with my testimony in it to someone and then set up an appointment with that person. Seemed very interested in what we had to say. We are also teaching a few people english which has been a good experience. My companion knows a little spanish and so she is helping me out. As we have personal study and companion study in the morning it is awesome because we are able to learn what we can teach our investigators to progress, but also strengthen our testimony and relationship with our Heavenly Father. I have felt more confident in teaching the lessons and learned that if i allow the Holy Ghost to be with me the spirit is strong when i teach and we touch many lives because we are teaching from our Hearts. My companion has helped me to realize that we are not perfect and that the Lord is pleased with what we are doing and just need to share our testimony through teaching the doctrines. I feel that i have learned so much. We have a couple of baptisms lined up for august which i am really excited for. Crystal one of our investigators is so close she believes in everything and has a testimony she is just afraid of water and hasnt been coming to church. We are trying though and hope that she will get baptized this next month. We also have another investigator that we are working with and her name is Cheyanne and we feel that she is progressing and has that desire to want to learn more about our Heavenly Fathers plan for her. This first week in Texas has been amazing and i know that the Lord has blessed me and that doing this work i will touch many lives but also strengthen my relationship with him. I love this gospel with all my heart and know that Joseph Smith restored this gospel on this earth today. I know that if we sincerely read and search the scriptures our questions will be answered and we will receive marvelous revelation. I am grateful for missionary work and the blessing it is in our life to beable to share our testimony with others and have the opportunity to spread forth the marvelous truth of this gospel with others. I know with all my heart that my savior died for me so that i can repent of my sins and become a better disciple of christ. I know that because of my faith in him I am able to teach our investigators things from my heart and what the savior would have me teach at that moment in time. I know that the Lord works in mysterious ways and sometimes we may question things, but in the end we see tremendous miracles happen and i have seen that so far on my mission. Not only in the investigators lives but also in my life as i have learned about who i am. Well, here is a little for now but i will write you guys a letter. Love ya so much and talk to you soon.
Love,
Sister Bickley

No comments:

Post a Comment